World Council of Churches
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is an ecumenical fellowship of churches founded in 1948. It brings together 348 member churches from all over the world, including Orthodox churches, Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran and Reformed denominations, to promote Christian unity in faith, witness and service for a just and peaceful world.
From its headquarters at the Ecumenical Centre in Grand-Saconnex, and through the Ecumenical Institute at Bossey, and with seven representative offices in other countries, the WCC develops and runs cooperative activities with churches and ecumenical partners based on common interests. Among others, activities include promoting peace and justice in places of conflict; inter-religious dialogue with people of other faiths; and ecumenical education. The WCC has launched a real estate development project at its site in Grand-Saconnex.
The WCC is looking for a financial accountant at 100% who will be responsible for treasury management, payment processes, specific accounting and reporting functions, and supervision of accounting staff. The position will be based at the Ecumenical Centre, Grand-Saconnex, and will report to the finance manager
Fluent in English and French, the financial accountant will hold a recognised accountancy qualification and be able to demonstrate experience in a similar position, or in audit. The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Management of payment processes and treasury;
- Conducting general accounting, financial monitoring, controls and reporting, with assignments to include buildings and equipment, VAT, investments and at least one office outside Switzerland;
- A leading role in financial systems upgrade and improvement of processes;
- Participation in financial planning and budgeting, and in the annual reporting process, with assignments as delegated by the finance manager;
- Ensuring that accounting records are maintained in accordance with Swiss law, audit requirements and the Council’s policies, including maintenance of internal control system documentation.
Qualifications and special requirements:
Experience : At least four years related experience.
Education: Recognised accountancy qualification.
Understanding of Swiss law and audit requirements in relation to financial accounts.
Understanding of Swiss VAT law and regulations.
Ability to manage staff and to work in a team.
Quality of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Language skills : Ability to correspond in French and English.
Ability to manage computerised accounting systems and to work with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word.
Deadline for applications: January 31, 2018
Applications (CV, motivation letter, Application Form, copy of diploma, work certificate/references) are to be returned to: Human Resources Department: email@example.com
The Application Form is available at the following address: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/get-involved/job-openings
The Council’s annual Financial report 2016 can be consulted at:
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org