World Council of Churches
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is an ecumenical fellowship of churches founded in 1948. It brings together 348 member churches from all over the world, including Orthodox churches, Anglican, Baptist, Lutheran and Reformed denominations, to promote Christian unity in faith, witness and service for a just and peaceful world.
At its headquarters at the Ecumenical Centre at Grand-Saconnex, a unique space for its member churches, the WCC organises meetings, receives visitors and conducts its work. With a conference hall, an ecumenical chapel, meeting rooms, cafeteria and administrative offices (17,000m2 floor space), the Centre consists of a building with four wings, housing the WCC, related organisations and other tenants. The WCC has launched a real estate development project at its site of 33,995m2 in Grand-Saconnex.
The WCC is looking for a rental accountant and administrator at 100% responsible for financial accounting for rental of offices and related business, coordinating rental administration staff assigned; to manage tenant relations proactively; and to work with the finance director on strategy for rental services during the real estate development project.
Fluent in English and French, the rental accountant and administrator will hold an accountancy qualification, have a spirit of customer service, and presentation skills; and will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar position, or in audit.
The position will be based at the Ecumenical Centre, Grand-Saconnex, and will report to the finance director.
At ease both in an international working environment and with the values and mission of the Council, the rental accountant and administrator will:
- Undertake financial accounting for office rentals and related services, including management of the invoice process; recording of income; production of statements and appropriate follow up;
- Coordinate staff assigned part-time in rental administration;
- Manage rental contracts, rent guarantees and correspondence with tenants;
- Meet with tenants; address questions, working together with the facility services team; present services;
- Work with the finance director in developing and implementing strategy for rental services during the Green Village real estate development;
- Initiate improvements in accounting and rental administration processes; and
- Maintain awareness of developments in Swiss and Geneva laws and regulations concerning rental management.
Qualifications and special requirements:
Experience : At least four years related experience
Education: Professional training in accounting, rental administration or in business management
Understanding of local real estate rental practices and related legal issues.
Ability to manage staff and to work in a team.
Quality of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Language skills :
Ability to correspond in French and English.
Ability to work with accounting systems and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2018
Full applications (Curriculum vitae, motivation letter, application form, copy of diplomas and recommendation letters) are to be sent to: email@example.com
The Application Form is available at the following address: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/get-involved/job-openings
The WCC Financial Report 2016 can be consulted at the following address: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/resources/documents/other/wcc-financial-report-2016
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org