- Job location: Amman, Jordan.
- Job location: Amman, Jordan.
- Starting date: 1 November 2018
- Vacancy closing date: 18 September 2018
- Duration position: 3 years, with possibility of extension
- Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for aManager of Operations Syrian Response
Since the beginning of the crises, nearly 5 million Syrians have fled to neighbouring countries and more than 6 million people have been internally displaced in Syria. Since 2014, ZOA has provided emergency relief to Syrian refugees. ZOA now supports Syrians and host communities in Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. The operations are managed from Amman. In 2018 ZOA seeks to open an office in Damascus in order to expand its activities in livelihoods, water, sanitation and hygiene, primary education, and emergency relief. ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
For the time being the Manager of Operations (MoO) will be based in Amman with travel in the region. In the long term, this position may be transferred to Damascus, Syria.
Your challenge (purpose of the position)
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an expanding team responsible for dynamic and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in the country organisation. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
The MoO contributes to the strategic enhancement of Financial, HR, Logistics and IT processes and management. The MoO has a key role on the Country Management Team and is often asked to deputise for the Country Director position. The MoO has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly and annual financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level; Oversee the preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Prepare and process the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Advise and support the Country Director and Program Managers in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Manage financial audits and respond to audit reports.
- Translating ZOA’s worldwide HR policies and procedures into the local cultural setting and the implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Advise and support the Country Director and Program Managers in the development of HR components of funding proposals;
- Supervise staff recruitment and contracting processes (including for external consultants);
- Supervision of annual and mid-year staff evaluations;
- Ensures Terms & Conditions of employment comply with local legal requirements; Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
Logistics Ensures Terms & Conditions of supplier contracts with local legal requirements and ZOA policies. Implementation of IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Manage availability, continuity and security of appropriate IR facilities;
- Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical policies and procedures.
Administration Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Maintain Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensure compliance; Monitoring of and support to program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
The MoO supervises and periodically appraises the performance of staff reporting to the MoO.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Bachelor degree in financial management, auditing and/or HR;
- ZOA’s finance practices;
- Command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management; Preferably some cross cultural experience in a development setting, preferably in Asia.
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Alerts the CD and Finance Director at ZOA Netherlands when financial problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Good communicator.
- Duty station is Amman, Jordan. The duty station could change in the future to Damascus, Syria. ZOA is looking for candidates who are willing to change duty station when the situation arises.
- Regular travel is required.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Nienke Maris, HR Officer, email email@example.com
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/manager-of-operations-syrian-response/
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
To apply for this job please visit www.zoa-international.com.